Modifications Integrity, Compassion & Competence

Houston Modifications Attorney

Dedicated to Helping Texas Clients Modify Divorce Decrees

Following the dissolution of a marital relationship, usually the last thing that you want to do is maintain constant contact with your former spouse. Even if you ended on amicable terms, you will want to move on with your life, and this desire will be heightened if the divorce process was filled with troublesome disputes.

Unfortunately, however, difficult circumstances often arise in life which may require the initial terms of divorce to be altered. When you or your former spouse have experienced significant changes, whether to your income, health, or location, it may be necessary to modify the divorce decree in terms of child custody and child support, or in terms of alimony or spousal support as well. Our devoted modification attorney in Houston is determined to provide you with powerful advocacy to protect your needs after a divorce, so just reach out to The Law Office of Jimoh PC.

What is a Spousal Support Modification in Texas?

Usually, spouses who get divorced in the state of Texas do not receive specific financial support apart from support for caring for any children the couple shared. However, there are certain circumstances where a former partner may be able to get monetary support called “maintenance,” perhaps if they have a challenging health condition or do not have a job or reliable income. This form of alimony is usually limited in its length of time or schedule allotments.

In the case that the circumstances have dramatically changed for either person, however, it might be necessary to modify the maintenance support. One spouse might have found a job or the other might have lost one, or a spouse might have recovered from an illness or the other may have become disabled due to an accident. Whatever the scenario, our lawyer is ready to help you demonstrate to the court why the former divorce terms should be changed.

What is Modification of Child Support & Child Custody in Texas?

When it comes to modifying the amount of time a parent has (meaning a parent’s role as the possessory or managing conservator) or changing the amounts that a parent contributes to child support, the state of Texas maintains that the child’s best interests must be the most important factor in determining divorce alterations.

Some situations that may warrant a child support or child custody modification include:

  • The circumstances of either parent or the child have substantially changed, whether in regard to finances, health, or physical location
  • The parent who originally had custodianship over the child has voluntarily halted the child’s residency at their home, and has stopped being the primary care provider
  • The current monthly payment for child support is either20% higher or lower than is recommended by the guidelines for child support within Texas

Advocacy You Can Depend On

You can rely on The Law Office of Jimoh PC even in the most challenging legal situations. Our modification lawyer in Houston is dedicated to making sure that your voice is heard and that your rights are protected. We are ready to use our wide range of aggressive strategies to make your case for modification succeed in court.

Call us today at (713) 999-6585 or contact us online, and we can immediately set up a consultation to discuss your needs for modification following a divorce.

What Sets us apart?

A Reputation of Integrity, Compassion & Competence
  • Direct Access to the Attorney From Start to Finish
  • Thousands of Cases Successfully Handled
  • Phone & Zoom Consultations Available
  • Over 15 Years of Experience Practicing Family Law
  • A Well Respected Reputation in & Out of the Courtroom
  • Personalized Approach For Every Client

get started

Schedule Your Initial Consultation

Please fill out the form below or call us directly at (713) 999-6585.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please enter your address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.